Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie ☆☆☆☆

When I started the book it immediately took me off guard. It was an alternating narrative between Cassia and Ky, and I had to go back to the first book to see if I potentially forgot that the first book was that way. It was not. It was a little weird to suddenly jump into an alternating narrative without any forewarning. That being said, it was also definitely interesting. Seeing inside Ky's mind was a nice twist. The only downside was that often the narratives were very close to being the same and it dragged the story line a little.

Overall, I liked the book. The first book I had problems with the first half of the book, but quickly fell in love with the characters and the half way point and couldn't put it down. With this one, I had the desire to read it and finish reading it, but I didn't feel excited enough through the process. That's where it lost a star for me. I liked it, I'm still going to finish the series as the next book comes out, but I didn't love it.

In my review of the first book, Matched, I shared my favorite quote from the book, so it's only fitting that I do the same for this book. And so, my favorite quote from the book, the only one I highlighted: "I don't fool myself that I hold her together--she does that on her own--but holding her keeps me from flying apart."

No comments:

Post a Comment