Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines 1) by Richelle Mead ☆☆☆☆☆

I will admit that I put this book off for way too long. I did start reading it when I first got it in the mail, but I had only made it three chapters in when I let the school semester take over my life. Essentially, this book was on the top of my list for my winter break reading, other than the book I borrowed from my professor and another book I was already half way through. Even with reason I feel like I should've dropped everything to put this first.

When I first pre-ordered the book I thought, hey it'd be great to see where the Vampire Academy world goes now. I was thinking in terms of story continuation and nothing more. And I was wrong. This book blew me away. Sydney as a narrator was more than I could have expected and I loved getting to know her and getting to know the world again through her. Most especially, getting to know Adrian again through her. It was brilliant.

The story line was also amazingly well written. There were several different plot twists going on and I am glad to say I figured out all but one of them before they were revealed in the story. The one I didn't figure out was more because my imagination was far too exaggerated. I loved stories were you can interact as a reader and figure the story out for yourself, and she set the story up perfectly in that way to invite the readers to explore it more. Admittedly, one plot point I wouldn't have figured out were it not for her Bloodlines Book Club on YouTube. And not only was the story great, but I must say that the writing has improved dramatically since the first Vampire Academy book, where I gave it a very low reading level and almost didn't finish reading it because of typos. This book impressed me on every angle really. I can't wait for The Golden Lily to be released this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment