Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Faulkner and Poetry

Faulker and Poetry: Yep, you read that right.

For some reason, I don't usually add the books I read to my list of books read for the year. Maybe it's because I don't always finish the books required for school. This semester I'm really trying to put in more effort, so I'm able to add them to my list. However, I am not going to review them. For one, it's already enough that I'm writing responses for them in class. But mostly, with Faulkner being so classic and the poetry being so independent, I don't have much to say on them for everyone to go by. I did, however, give them star ratings on Goodreads, but that's about it.

The Why:
Full-time grad school is three classes. Because I'm in my thesis year, I only take two regular classes, my thesis making up my third class. This semester, as my last semester of regular classes, I'm taking two studies in form class, a fiction class and a poetry. For fiction I am taking a class studying form in relation to Faulkner. That means we'll be reading many Faulkner novels this semester, so they'll appear on my list. For poetry I am taking a class on investigative poetry. I'm not going into explanation of that. Our professors has required books from small independent publishers to help the poetry community. These books only make up the first half of the semester though as the last half is workshopping our own investigative poetry. I'm doing my project on secrets :)

And back to my regular reading schedule.....
[Where hopefully I won't fall behind on blogging again where I have to alter the date for the post to pop up where it should have if I blogged regularly.......]

No comments:

Post a Comment