Friday, September 20, 2013

The Transfer by Veronica Roth

The Transfer (Divergent #0.1) by Veronica Roth ☆☆☆☆☆

I've been looking forward to reading this since I heard it was coming out. Hell, since it was rumored that it was coming out. Four has always been my favorite, not only in this series, but over all. This series changed the way I look at writing and really inspired me. I was immediately jealous that someone so much younger than me could hit is so big with such a great book. And that jealousy has pushed me to keep going.

I love reading things from Four's point-of-view. Reading the knife scene in Free Four was really amazing. What made this ebook most interesting was the subject matter. We weren't looking at a scene we already saw from a different perspective. Instead we were seeing what Four's life was like growing up, the kind of monster his dad was behind closed doors (behind what we could see in his fear landscape). We also got to see the movements in his head that lead to his decisions for faction, how he was unaware of what he was going to choose up until he chose it. And we got to see what initiation was like for him, how it changed him and how he got his name. Most especially we got to see what initiation was like before it changed to what initiation became when it was Tris's turn.

I am so excited there are three more of these coming! I'm extremely excited that Allegiant is almost here! And most especially excited for the movie coming out for my birthday! So much love for this series :D

No comments:

Post a Comment