Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows (Lux #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ☆☆☆☆☆

So, apparently I thought Obsidian came first and that this was a prequel novel for it. But looking at the published dates, apparently this one came first. Regardless, I'm glad I read this one second. Some of the things that Daemon said in this one had me rolling with laughter because I knew what was going to happen and how far away from his promises to himself that he was going to go.
 
One thing I have to say is that I'm a little over the insta-love thing in stories overall. Especially when the characters are sixteen. I consider it highly naive. Not just because I was married right out of high school and it didn't last, but also because the kind of love-at-sight that's presented here was highly unrealistic. But I was still sucked in and completely pleased for it.


I really loved meeting Dawson and he was a great guy. There were so many differences between him and Daemon, but their love for each other was completely evident. They had a strong family bond. And I have to say my favorite part of this was the family, even though it centered around Bethany and was mostly from her point-of-view. I loved the arguments Dawson and Daemon were having telepathically, showing just how snarky they could both be. I love that they were both man-whores, but refused to let Dee even think of doing anything, telling her she'll be a virgin for life if they have any say. And most especially, I loved how Dee was too involved in anything. They're constantly stopping her in the middle of a sentence and telling her not to finish that sentence because it's too much information between family members. It made me love all of them that much more. And it made me highlight large portions of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment