Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ☆☆☆☆☆

Welcome back to my life, Jennifer! I had heard so much about Daemon and his snark, and I was already reading her other works so I finally gave in. Technically, I had given in and grabbed a copy far earlier, but I was putting it off because it was about aliens.

So, of course, I read it because I need an arrogant, snarky jerk. That's always my favorite love interest no matter what I read. And a synopsis of a hot boy next door that's great until he opens his mouth was a great way to lure me in. Add to that everyone talking about it and I couldn't resist.

Yes, I did put it off because of the alien thing. The only other alien series I've read is the Lorien Legacies. I'm not a huge alien fan. And in YA books as a romantic interest I was not anticipating the best. I was sorely mistaken. The most ironic part of this is that Katy is a huge reader and blogger and makes a comment that she really doesn't do alien books because they're not that interesting to her. Oh, the irony. Now if only my hot alien full of arrogance and snark would show up and prove me wrong too.

As I told my best friend when recommending this to her: "Daemon is the epic bad boy. The bad boy that puts all our favorite bad boys to shame. Jace, Will, anyone else you can think of...yeah, his snark is greater than them all."

I also love that Katy's a heavy reader as well as a blogger. It really ties in that side of us bloggers that isn't usually seen. It's even better in how serious she is about blogging. She does every In My Mailbox and Waiting of Wednesday. Things that drew me in to the blogs I was following. I sadly don't have the time for those. I barely keep up with this as is. I do miss my Top-Ten Tuesdays though. One day I'll have more time to put into my blog and can join in on all of those. Anyway, back on topic. It really made Katy a real character for so many of us, if not those that are blogging, but those that follow blog religiously as well. And I can totally relate to her in having books all over the house to read. She's a character that is one of us and so we root for her above all. Even when's she being an idiot and denying the undeniable.

....yep, my own personal Daemon has still not shown up to prove me wrong. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment