Monday, July 18, 2011

Night Star (The Immortals 5) by Alyson Noel

Night Star by Alyson Noel ☆☆☆☆

I gave this series another shot and for once wasn't disappointed. So here is a breakdown of what happened with my feelings toward The Immortals series:

Evermore -> couldn't put it down, loved how it was a different supernatural element than vampires or witches, etc

Blue Moon -> also couldn't put down and subsequently ignored the then bf in favor of immersing myself in the book

Shadowland -> (help me, oh please!) this book was filler than only served to frustrate me and make me sad

Dark Flame -> and then I was further saddened, every single time you thought a plot line was about to be tied up she added yet another plot line, if I remember right by the end there were about five different plots and only one had been tied up

And so we get to Night Star. I pre-ordered this book before it came out and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. The last two books really changed my mind about the series and I was hesitant to go any further, however, I can never seem to put down a series until it's over so I bought the next book anyway. I still put it off obviously....until I saw at the bookstore that the final book just came out so I decided to just read it and get it over with. I had no hopes of this book being any better, but I was pleasantly surprised. Enough to give this one four stars. While it did have several running plot lines, they all seemed to run smoothly together in this book and at least attempt to tie themselves up if they didn't actually reach that point. In a six book series, books three and four apparently fell victim to the middle-filler-bridge of the story arc. I'm actually looking forward to the final book now.

If you're willing to read this series, the first two books are incredible and the fifth is too. Just try and hold out through three and four and know that it'll get you where you need to go eventually. At the very least, you'll be lucky enough that you don't have to live with that unresolved feeling while you wait a year for the next book to come out, you can just pick up the next one immediately and push through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment