Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Carpe Corpus (Morganville #6) by Rachel Caine ☆☆☆☆☆

 I've been reading this series slowly, but two at a time. And I was really excited after I started this one when I suddenly remembered that in meeting Rachel Caine she said that the series was originally only slated for six books, so I have now officially finished the story arc. It's a great place to finish...for now. I have every intention of reading the following six follow up books, but I have other reading to squeeze in too!

So watch can I say about this book? I loved it! It went in so many different directions that I couldn't expect. It had appeals I'd been dying for since book one (those that read it know exactly what that means). And overall, it just ended perfectly. All the loose ends were tied up, the series could have easily have finished, and yet it's still also perfectly left open for more.

My only quip...as the story does start wrapping itself up in the end, there is a side story thrown in and wrapped up quickly in just a few pages and it felt almost unnecessary. In fact, it could have ended just before that and let the story start the next book. I'll eventually get to the next book, but taking a break after the arc is tied up is just the right spot for a break. I'm going to miss Shane while I read something else though, and I won't be able to stay away from him for long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment