Monday, July 15, 2013

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare ☆☆☆☆☆

I can't believe I put this book off for so long! I had read the first two chapters before my Spring semester started and because of school I put it down. I should have found a way to squeeze it in. I forgot just how much I missed Jace.

Jace is so turmoiled in this book that it can't help but break your heart. Simon has his own problems, but he really steps up and grows into himself despite his romantic struggles. And there was no way not to be happy for Joclyn and Luke!

It was nice seeing how her Infernal Devices series inspired her to add three more books to the Mortal Instruments series rather than end it at three. Magnus Bane already had his role in Infernal Devices, but Camille finally had her own role in Mortal Instruments and we're able to see her in unexpected predicaments as well.

This novel seemed mostly set within romantic strain. Clary and Jace. Simon and Isabelle. Simon and Maia. Maia and [spoiler]. Magnus and Alec. And even in a way Maryse and her husband. Despite the theme, the stories were connected very well and really set the story overall.

I can't wait to read the next one. But I'll have to. I have a big TBR list to get through and a couple other books are before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment