Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead ☆☆☆☆☆

Oh, Adrian. Richelle Mead definitely knows how to write her boys. I was madly in love with Dimitri in Vampire Academy and couldn't imagine a better guy to love. Especially in comparison to Adrian in that series. But within this series, Adrian is the only one to love. He is snarky like so many of the male characters I love to read, but his snark is good-intentioned and funny. He never seeks out to make anyone feel bad. And as Sydney says in the book, he's the only one that never asks for anything in the form of a demand. He's all heart. And it's part of his artistic side.

I wish I had the never to highlight my books (it's one of my favorite things about a Kindle), because I would have highlighted so many sections of this book. Lines I wanted to remember forever I transcribed into a notebook by my bed. But there were several places that weren't about lines, places that were about emotion or inside jokes. On my second night of reading there were several places that I busted out laughing, loud in my little apartment. At least two of those sections I was laughing so hard I had to catch my breath to keep on reading.

The end came much too soon and I was craving more and more Adrian (especially after the table and silverware, not explaining why). I can't wait to read the next book. I need more Adrian. Oh, how I wish these boys were real!

My only complaint with this book, aside from the ending coming too soon, was that you forgot they were vampires because they never fed. Throughout the entire book there was no mention of the Moroi going over to Clarence's to feed. Very strange. I think that reminder would have been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment