Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gemini Bites by Patrick Ryan

Gemini Bites by Patrick Ryan ☆☆☆

Why did I pick this book? The synopsis tells you it's not twins, the girl is straight and the guy is gay, and they fall for the same vampire. Awesome, right? Well I thought it would be so I gave it a shot.

This book was draining me. It was almost like a chore to read it at first. Each chapter was incredibly long which didn't leave room for easy stopping points I need while reading. And I just wasn't sure about character development and plot. This book also had (the ever present now) alternating points of view between the twins which worked quite well in showing you just how different they are from each other, and at the same time just how much they have in common.

So I was trudging through my reading when suddenly I got to an explicit sex scene. An explicit gay sex scene. And I was floored. I make it no secret that I love boy-on-boy and that scene was incredible. The character development and scene were just there in every way. And better yet...it's a male author. Who'd have expected that?

After that scene it became so much easier to read, as if the characters themselves started loosening up. I stayed up until sunrise just to finish reading the last half in one night. It was a great story, I like where all of the characters finally took themselves. However, the story ended a little too neatly, like everything was tied up in a nice little bow, and that made the story fall a little short for me. I won't give away anything plot related, but if you chance to read it you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment