Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme posted by The Broke and the Bookish. A new top ten question is posed every week. I encourage you to start your own Top Ten Tuesday list. This week:

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger/Bookish Person

1. Knowing that somewhere out there are other people that love books as much as I do, and one day having the opportunity to share this love for books with them.

2. Going to the movies and being in on information that was left out of the movies, but that we all know is so important to the plot ;)

3. Learning author styles I admire and hope to emulate in my own writing.

4. Likewise, seeing through blogs what everyone else is into so that I know what my writing path should be (and possible future reader pool).

5. Knowing that I can go to my favorite blogs to find suggestions on books I wouldn't necessarily have picked up on my own while also knowing that I'm recommending books that others may not have picked up otherwise.

6. Practically living at the library. (I've got my job interest card in there, but they are never hiring.) It's quiet and comforting and peaceful. Who could resist that? And...I can drop my son off in the kids computer lab for even more peace :)

7. Escape. I love that when I'm in a horrible mood I can pick up a book and escape to some other place. And...true story: My grandma asked what I was doing this summer out of school, I said reading because that's what I do every summer to catch up on what I missed, she said I should be getting out of the house and actually do something, I said I didn't want to spend the money to leave the house when I could travel wherever I wanted with a new book. Haha, at least I leave every now and then to go pick up another library book!

8. Seeing how excited my son is about reading. He can finally read some picture books on his own and he wants me to start reading him chapter books without pictures. Shock! We've already bought Peter Pan to attempt this summer.

9. Meeting some really amazing guys! I don't care if they don't exist. I mean it sucks that all my favorite guys are fictional characters, but at least it shows me the kind of guy I'd love to have in my life one day, setting standards and all that...

10. And blogwise...keeping track of what I'm reading (and my thoughts on it). Looking at my blog I always feel a sense of accomplishment for all that I've read, it stands as a sort of trophy, and reminds me why I love reading and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment