Monday, July 16, 2012

Fade Out by Rachel Caine

Fade Out (Morganville #7) by Rachel Caine ☆☆☆☆☆

Another sunrise finish for me. Don't know if I'll ever sleep normally again, but at least a sunrise finish fits perfectly with a vampire novel ;)

I've come to the conclusion after reading this book that I don't really care what the story line is anymore because I love the characters so much. Each of the characters is strong in their actions and their voices, and sometimes that's hard to pull off when writing. A lot of people fall on stock characters (stereotypes) or flat characters (nothing interesting), but each of these characters stands on their own. She has proven with her short stories that the story could be told from any point of view because she's in all of their heads. That's a good place to be.

And what I especially noticed during this book is that even her secondary characters are strong. Kim was an unexpected secondary character and yet I felt like I knew her just as much as those I have adored throughout the rest of the series. And what kind of world I live in without Shane, oh how I love that boy.

So truth be told, I loved the story, but of course I loved the characters more. The story line was secondary to me. My biggest complaint is that the books seem shorter and shorter with each one I pick up and I blow through them way too fast. Maybe that's why I only ever read two at a time, or it would all end too soon for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment