Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James ☆☆☆☆☆

Just finished reading and sad to see the series come to a close. I have to say that overall the second book was my favorite, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed this one any less. I love that as the series progressed it became more about mystery, intrigue, and the troubles of building a solid relationship than about the erotica that fueled a lot of the first book.

One of the things that got to me in this book though was how much it skipped around. It skipped months from the second book to the third and ended up having to do flashbacks through dream sequences. This wouldn't have been such an issue except that it happened often.

This book also felt too short. I am extremely sad to see the series end and I didn't feel like I really got my fill of the story and the characters. It did end well, but I'd love this series like a TV series that goes on for a long time. In fact, it'd make an excellent TV series and I'd be eagerly anticipating watching it each week. I did enjoy the bonus short stories at the end, but I'd love to see more of them. Finally seeing things from Christian's point-of-view was eye opening and should not be overlooked for other things. This series was well worth my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment