Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

Ghost Town (Morganville #9) by Rachel Caine ☆☆☆☆☆

So this totally isn't what I had planned to read. I usually only read two Morganville books at a time, and I was already set to read something else, but I decided to glance at the first chapter of this book and I was hooked.

The story line was an original take on what a ghost town can mean and it was beyond interesting. There were so many sides of all the characters exposed, and many couldn't even be expected.

And I cried. Cried!

I think this is the first Morganville book that made me cry and I cherish it for that reason. Each of these books has pulled a strong emotion out of me and it shows the strength and creativity of the writing (beyond the characters, as I've prided in earlier reviews). The last book made me feel frustration, and this one made me follow the sense of mystery and made me feel a deep loss and sadness with the echoes of "ghosts" of the town.

This series makes me ache, in sad ways and in good ways. I'm looking forward to the next book, but at the same time, I know I really do need to take a slight break from the series to regroup before the next ache, whether good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment