Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hana by Lauren Oliver

Hana: A Delirium Short Story (Delirium #1.5) by Lauren Oliver ☆☆☆☆

Why yes, it is almost 5am. I just finished reading this side story and I wanted to put my thoughts down before I lost them.

This short story (more like novella length) is told from Hana's point-of-view, which is really refreshing. Partly, I like her point-of-view more. This probably explains my earlier aversion to Lena's point-of-view at the start of Delirium. But it wasn't the only reason I liked this.

There were a lot of things I wanted to know that went on behind the scenes, and I was able to see those things. It gave me a wider look of the story and helped me answer some questions. Questions that Lena hadn't bothered to ask Hana herself, or at least didn't think enough to relate them in her narration of events.

I even got to see how Hana first thought of Lena and how she began to see her. This idea, specifically in this story, made me ask another question that was not answered and I wonder if the thought is entirely my own creation, although it seems there is a set up for it. And the end was another cliff hanger, just like the novel itself. But, it was a cliff hanger that seemed to relate to a suspicion I had in the novel. It didn't quite answer my suspicion, only made me more suspicious about it. So in the end, it answered a lot of questions I had, but also left two gaping ones for me to consider. Oh well, I'm off to read the sequel until I pass out around sunrise, we'll see if those questions get any more answers or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment