Monday, July 2, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2) by E.L. James ☆☆☆☆☆

This book blew me away in so many ways. First to mention is that some of the things revealed in this book explain things in the first book that suddenly make the plot of the first book not as contrived, forced, and cliche.

This book doesn't have as much erotica as the first and that is entirely okay with me. Because this book isn't about the erotica, it's about the characters, and I have completely and totally fallen in love with the characters, especially Christian. He's the embodiment of all my literary loves, the arrogant bad boy that's trying to be the good guy.

I fell for Christian so much that I dream about him at night. Well, make that I dream about him at day as I have been going to bed well past sunrise since I started the series because I can't bear to put it down every night. And I sleep incredibly well. Instead of my usual fitful 10 hours of sleep a night (thanks to a carefree summer), I've been waking up after 6 hours fully rested, relaxed, and ready to read more. I'm actually a little sad that the next book is the last because I don't want to leave the characters behind. This book in the series definitely warrants the five stars. Off to the next....

No comments:

Post a Comment