Monday, August 12, 2013

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Frigid (Frigid #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (J. Lynn) ☆☆☆☆☆

Another hit by Armentrout! After loving the Gamble Brothers series so much I decided to try out another one of her books. I loved this one even more, as evidenced by the 5 star rating.

This book has the classic best friends not admitting their love to themselves or each other, found in the Gamble Brothers series, but it also has some great things. For one, there are a little less typos and a lot less use of the erotica words I can't stand, as mentioned in my Tempting the Best Man post. But most especially, this is the first time in reading all these books back to back that the male character doesn't have stunning blue eyes. He's got warm brown eyes. Swoon. Blue eyes get a little repetitive and unrealistic after awhile.

I really liked the idea of getting stuck in a cabin in a freak snowstorm. Not only does it force them to be together, but it reinforces the title of the book. Syd frequently mentions that a guy once called her frigid and now they're stuck in frigid temperatures. Even more interesting is that this book has a mystery plot going on, someone is attacking their cabin and making their lives hell.

I have some great things highlighted and bookmarked in this book. One being how he woke her up in the morning by the fireplace. You'll have to read the book. And the other most hilarious part is Syd walking into a mailbox while drunk and blaming the mailbox. This was especially funny because her "I'm watching you" chastising of the mailbox reflects the one my best friend and I had while playing pool and getting in an argument with the 7 ball because it refused to go in for either of us.

Great book! I wish my bestie could read it, but she doesn't have a Kindle....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment