Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Secrets 2 by H.M. Ward

Secrets 2 (Secrets series) by H.M. Ward ☆☆☆☆☆

I really wish Ward would give these books actual titles. It would make reviewing them so much easier. Regardless, I do enjoy that this part surpassed the previous part's 97 pages with a total of 200 pages. Still short, but still loving it.

A broken A/C created a perfect situation in this segment of the series. Everything became acutely charged and the tension was incredible. It was going great places in my imagination. And then the repair guy arrives. I was equally upset and glad. While I would have loved to see the scene continue, it's also much better when the tension is dragged out.

Cole alternates fluidly between the boss and mentor to something much more electric that both know shouldn't be there. As much as they try to just work and to focus on the job and internship, that electricity is always hanging in the air between them. When she chooses to model for a sense of the model's role in her own photography, things just take control.

Cole really tries to be a good guy. It's clear he's damaged and there is something else entirely going on, but he does try. I sometimes wondered how she could be so confused by his actions, especially when she knows the consequences. Her character itself is all over the place though so it works. And with Cole's final words in this, I know I have to go directly into the next segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment