Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Secrets 3 by H.M. Ward

Secrets 3 (Secrets series) by H.M. Ward ☆☆☆☆☆

Oh, 60 pages. This should have just been added to the other parts. For a series that only has 5 parts as is barely over 350 pages so far, this really could have been published as one big book, or at least two, rather than five. This is exactly the reason that people gave up on buying the Arrangement series. The sections were too short to be charging readers so much so many different times. Again, I'm glad I'm borrowing these, otherwise, I don't think I could justify the investment, no matter how much I love it.

That being said, I'm still very much in love with this series. This one in particular, although short, had me screaming at the characters like I do so love to do.

1. Sottero is a bitch. She wants control over everything, including suing Cole for everything he's worth. So I scream at her character like she can hear me tell her off. Though on the contrast, Jesse is an amazing character and I'm growing to love him even more. Anna is going to break his heart though.

2. Anna is so clueless. I know...know...who is stalking her and who ratted her out to the Dean. It seems so obvious. And I'm not sure if she really doesn't know, is really that clueless about it all, or if she subconsciously just doesn't want to believe it so she won't accept that she knows.

3. There is only one paragraph that I highlighted in this segment. I highlighted because I love the way it is written out for the scene itself, and also because just imagining the way Cole say it is great. For anyone that reads this segment of the series, it's where Anna admits to Cole that the vanilla-kinky analogy she told him previously was actually the other way around and he nearly loses control with the idea. Great moment in Cole history.

No comments:

Post a Comment