Monday, August 19, 2013

Secrets by H.M. Ward

Secrets (Secrets series) by H.M. Ward ☆☆☆☆☆

97 short pages. That's it. But I loved it.

I read a lot of YA lit, as evidenced by this blog alone, so being single, I tend to be more attracted to younger guys. This story though, reminded me that older guys are well worth the look too. Anna is in her 20s and Cole is near 40. One thing I hate about this story though is that she keeps telling him he's so old and thinking there couldn't be anything there. I'm less than a year away from 30 and that just becomes so aggravating as I'm reading this.

One really cool thing about reading this is that I learn a lot about photography. It's always been something I've loved, but I never got into it past an amateur level, so I know absolutely nothing about cameras, shutter speeds, and textures. I take pictures with my smart phone and have fun in an editing program to tweak colors and shading, that's it. But it was nice seeing that other angle to it all.

I really loved Cole in this. He's the cocky jerk that I fall for in every story. And it's full of sexual tension, both imagined and real between them. There is no doubt that I wanted him to be real so I could meet him. He has an amazing take on photography and the description of the things he can do with it made me want to watch and not just imagine from a description.

As much as I love May-December relationships, I was putting off reading this one. Something about the description just wasn't drawing me in immediately. But I gave it a shot and blew through it, loving every minute. Going to pick up the next part now.

No comments:

Post a Comment