Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Arrangement [3-4] by H.M. Ward

The Arrangement [3-4] (Arrangement series) by H.M. Ward ☆☆☆☆☆

You know these books/segments are short when I read both of these in one day.

First and foremost, I hate Ms. Black. That's all I need to say about her. Hate. I get her position, I just don't like her. She has no time for being nice. At the same time, Avery can be so stupid. She didn't have to admit what she did with the money as long as she admitted where the money was, but she didn't do that.

So in these two parts, we're back to Sean not knowing what the hell is going through his head. And Avery going through an emotional whiplash between dealing with him and dealing with her own. She's rattled and rightfully so, but everyone warned her.
 
Sean pushes her away, but when he sees her again he can't help but draw her back. It's like he never realizes what he's missing until she walks off. Which completely explains their interactions in Damaged 2 when he met Peter and Sidney in the restaurant with Avery there. At least there Avery is a little more carefree though. In this segments she's still desperately trying to find that part of herself.

The only problem I have with these sections are problems with point-of-view. This series is in the point-of-view of Avery, yet it says things like "I didn't see the look in his eye." Well then how did she know it was there? She couldn't have. And then it's also set in present tense, so when a chapter ends with, "I didn't know how wrong I was," I get confused and forget it's in present tense suddenly. Not to mention, it's unnecessary, first because it sets up what's going to happen before you can even get there and be surprised, and second because I already suspect without that reminder. As big as New York is they're drawn to each other like freaking magnets. I think Mel was right when she said there are some days she wonders about fate.

And lastly, I'm just going to add that when my mom saw the covers of this series in the carousel of my Kindle she stole it away to ogle them and said she'd read them too if she had the time and a Kindle. Oh, my poor mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment