Monday, August 5, 2013

Tempting the Player by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (J. Lynn) ☆☆☆☆

What can I say? I had to read the sequel to Tempting the Best Man as soon as I saw it pop up on Kindle suggestions. And I definitely wasn't disappointed.

I loved seeing Bridget again and getting more of a sense of her. And I loved seeing Chad's growth as a character and his internal issues with emotions. I have quickly fallen in love with these books where neither one will admit their feelings until it all blows up, and once they do admit their feelings it all blows up again. Bravo!

I honestly think my favorite part of this novel was Chase's face at the very end, but you'll have to read this book and it's predecessor to understand why. It was great!

While the characters weren't over exaggerated as they were in the previous book, they still had some exaggeration of their own. It was missing just a tad bit of realism which is where it lost a start obviously. That and the weight thing. Bridget keeps talking about her weight and curves being an issue and it's one of her worries about Chad when he's always with supermodels. My issue is that it never says exactly where she's at on that scale. Hell, a size 2 could be considered gigantic next to a supermodel, so that hesitation is the other reason it lost that star.

Regardless, totally love it and can't wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment