Saturday, August 24, 2013

Secrets 5 by H.M. Ward

Secrets 5 (Secrets series) by H.M. Ward ☆☆☆☆

 87 pages. Yep. These 5 parts could definitely have been 1-2 full novels. Still not why it lost a star though. But I am glad it's over.

There were a lot of issues I had with this. At one place I even made a note wondering if he suddenly had three hands because of how something was worded.

Mostly I was screaming (and writing notes) with irritation at the characters. "Who do you think it is?" and "There was no way for you to know. I didn't know. No one knew." I was screaming "I know! I knew!" the whole time. But the wrap up from all the stalker stuff was very very intense, going to places I didn't expect.

I did, however, also expect and call the way things ended. I knew exactly who Emma would end up with. And I knew what was going to happen with Cole in the end and what he was going to change (that's all I'll say about it). I didn't like how Anna left things with graduate school though and thought that what Cole changed was a little contrived, but I still thought the story wrapped well and am now just glad it's all over. I'll miss reading about Cole, but I have other books to go through now.

No comments:

Post a Comment